The estimator is assigned building drawings in various stages of design development which require take-offs of floors, walls structural trusses, steel. Ideally the estimator will propose competitive concepts to submit to the customer.Apply For This Job
DUTIES & RESPONSABILITIES
- Prepare estimates for cold formed steel building structures.
- Provide accurate and detailed quantity take offs.
- Organize subcontractor quotations and establish clear and concise scopes of work.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with clients and industry professionals.
- Formulate cost break downs from estimates and prepare contracts.
- Produce Total Framing budgets, VAR budgets & small project budgets.
- Identify cost factors such as fabrication time, material quantities, shipping, equipment and labour when required.
- Thoroughly read and interpret project documents.
- Collaborate with clients and industry professionals recommending the most economical and cost-effective approach for framing building structures.
- Use Blue Beam Revu and Microsoft Office computer software to calculate estimates
- Recommend ways to make product more cost effective or profitable
- Organization and project information management
- Work with sales to prepare estimates & bids for customers
- Diploma in Construction Engineering/Architectural Technology or a combination of education and experience
- Has a technical background in construction such as: estimator, project manager, technical engineer, draftsperson or trade framing, steel fabrication, general contracting
- Excellent analytical skills to accurately evaluate a projects profitability. Minimize costs without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to handle large spreadsheets
- Ability to read and understand architectural, structural and mechanical drawings
- Very important that the candidate understands materials and products that are used in the construction of buildings.
- Ability to write detailed scopes of work to explain inclusions & exclusions
- Self-driven, positive attitude and desire to excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong trouble shooting, problem solving and organizational skills
- Professional demeanour yet down-to-earth, hands-on and easy to work with
Experience to be taken into consideration to determine salary.Apply For This Job