TotalJoists are user friendly and robust light gauge steel floor joists by iSPAN. TotalJoists’ unique design provides longer spans, increased fire resistance, and simplified framing solutions than your standard wood or steel joist. Joists come pre-cut to length with pre-punched serviced holes and have unique adjustable end connectors to allow for tolerance in the field.
Their proprietary design allows them to be handled and installed similar to wood I-joists but uses the superior product features of steel to offer the most accommodating joist in the floor framing industry:
• Design larger, adaptable room designs with longer spans and/or shallower profiles
• Use the same joist for any project — Residential, Multi-Residential, Commercial, Institutional, or Industrial
• Use the same joist for any wall type — wood, masonry/ICF, or steel
• Easy to Use
• Reduce errors with computer modelling and material consistency
• Improve productivity and reduce waste with factory cut lengths and service holes
• Deal direct with design/engineering experts
• Simplified UL/ULC fire rated assemblies and acoustic ratings
• Be environmentally friendly with 90% recycled content
iSPAN put material where it needs to be: Terminating the Double Web with a Structural Wing reduces the effective height of the web; this also enhances fire resistance performance.
iSPAN provides most efficient use of material: Since the material is rationed where it is needed, iSPAN provides unmatched clear span capabilities.
With iSPAN there is NO waste: Joists are designed and delivered to site at the required lengths and quantities specific to each job. This makes for a cleaner construction site and less waste material to dispose of, adding yet another environmentally friendly aspect.
iSPAN provides consistent product performance: iSPAN joists are manufactured to a tight tolerance in a quality controlled environment. iSPAN is not subject to dimensional changes like twisting, bowing, cupping, etc., or damage from termites, molds, etc.